Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Man oh man, thank goodness for autosave. I completed the post and went to publish and it disappeared. So I started composing another one, hoping I could at least hit the high points and remember what I said when I realized it should have saved periodically-and it did. So here's the post that combines both, with a little editing and restructuring since I had the chance.

Nope, not the series of books, nor the upcoming movie based on the same. Me. Yep, that's right, me. I shop too much. I see something cute, or whatever and buy it. Shoes, books, clothes, etc. I definitely don't need most of what I buy, but like most people I like new stuff. I'm putting this out there because I got completely carried away leading up to Christmas. And because of it, I have caused a huge rift with the person who means the most to me in the world. I hate the feeling I have right now. I honestly don't know when I've felt more miserable. No nothing new compares to him. I am extremely disappointed in myself and that I have let him down. I put this out on the web for all to see, family, friends and virtual strangers who will think I'm a nutjob. I want to make amends fix what was done. Nothing can take away that it happened, but it can be repaired. I won't say it's a resolution as I don't think you need to wait for the new year to change a habit. When you realize something needs to be done, you do it-I started my weight loss in the month of July because I faced facts on it needing to me done, so I did it. Elizabeth has said she's never known me not to accomplish something once I set my mind to it. I realize that something has to be done now, not just because it's an empty New Year's Resolution that will fall by the wayside, the timing just happens to coincide with the start of the year. I will succeed at this just as I did with my weight loss, starting running, learning to quilt and all the other things that friends and family have cheered me on through and lauded my accomplishments. I don't ask for, nor expect cheering on for this though. It's a solitary endeavour for me to undertake, but my reasoning for putting it out there is hopefully as a show of determination to the one person who I wronged in it all and hopefully put things back to where they should be.