Been a while since I've posted...May was a great month for running! I am setting monthly goals with my Nike+ tracker, and my goal for May was 45 miles(up from 40 for April). I blew that outta the water!! I ran 80+ miles this month! Holy smokes that's 30 more than I've ever run! I hit most of my training targets this month with a few minor tweaks here and there just depending on life getting in the way...lol. I also hit 250+ miles for the year-which has me well on track to hit my 500 mile goal for the year! This was a light race month-just one, the Kirkland Half Marathon. Was an ok race, not my best time, but not my worst either. We tested out the run 4 minutes, walk 1 minute method which seemed to serve me well in that I didn't feel quite as drained by the end(usual method is run run run till I'm super tired and then walk till I feel better...lol). I ran pretty consistently this month and am noticing an improvement not only in my stamina, but pace as well.
June is shaping up to be a bit busier with races and training runs as well. I'm setting my mileage goal for the month at 60-but should surpass that by quite a bit if I hit all my training goals. Couple of races this month that should be fun-Rock N' Roll 1/2 Marathon at the end of the month. It was supposed to be my first 1/2 Marathon-that is long past...lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment