Saturday, November 29, 2008

Seattle Marathon 5K

I figured since I had to go all the way to Seattle to pick up my race pack for the 1/2 Marathon tomorrow, I might as well do the 5K while I was down there. I was a bit worried on the way there as the weather was normal for Western WA-overcast and drizzley. But as seems to be the norm...a 2 hour drive makes all the difference in the world! It was still grey down in Seattle, but it was dry, the temp was great(mid 40s), no wind. Couldn't ask for better race weather! This was the first time the Seattle Marathon added a 5K. There were only a couple hundred runners-including the NesQuik Bunny! The race started down at the end of Pier 70(I think that might be where the Real World Seattle was filmed, will have to look it up) and went along the waterfront and then back. It was a nice, flat run. I didn't push myself though as I wanted to conserve something for tomorrow(but if I do bad tomorrow then we'll blame it on the race today taking a lot out of me hahaha).

After the race, I headed to the Marathon Expo. I sat in the truck for a while reading my Twilight book(#4!!) till the Expo opened. I picked up my race packet and then went through the Expo and picked up some stuff-got a cowbell from Saturn...lol, among other little misc things. I got some Clif Shot Bloks, and some Jelly Belly energy beans to try tomorrow(heard good things about them). I had also heard about the CW-X running tights and got a pair of them to try out.

Here's hoping for a good race report tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mrs Swan said...

Powder mac n cheese is like the blue box stuff.(kraft) At least that is how I mean't it. You know the cheese is in a powder form and you mix it. LOL