So I really slacked off this last week, I kept thinking of things I wanted to put on my list, but I'd get distracted and not make my daily post(ok, it's me, so my 2 or 3 for 1 posts...lol). But I still wanted to list my 30 things for the month, so here are my final 9 in no particular order.
1. I'm thankful that I have the kind of friend who calls and says 'I need you to go get me cream cheese', and also calls to check to make sure I have pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dinner. For those and lots of other reasons I am thankful for Jojo and love her.
2. I'm thankful that I have the kind of friend that comes traipsing to my house in the dark to vent. I can listen and commiserate with her-and ply her with alcohol and chocolate to make it better, for the moment at least. She also does the same for me. I'm so very thankful for Becky. And by extension, for Mike who is a great friend to Bill as well.
3. I'm thankful that I have the kind of son who, even at the age of 15, gives me props on FB for little treats like a mocha from Whidbey Coffee, and will tell me he loves me on the phone even if his friends are around.
4. I'm thankful for being a Marathon Maniac and Half Fanatic. It's so nice to have ready made friends and cheerleaders at races-other people who are as crazy as you are. I always say runners are some of the best people around, and MMs and HFs are definitely the cream of the crop!
5. I'm thankful for my daddy. He loves me. I'm like him in a lot of ways, and have shared loves of history, the military, John Wayne and a good cold beer with him.
6. I'm thankful for Team Armer. Friendship like that goes deep and is made up of lots of memories. Friendship like that is family in it's truest sense.
7. I'm thankful for my sister. I wanted nothing to do with her when she first showed up(what can I say, I was an obnoxious teenage girl...lol). But she adored her Cissy and sucked me into loving her back.
8. I'm thankful for my other husband, Rob. He's a great friend to both Bill and I and I have the feeling he'll be part of our lives for many years to come.
9. And most of all, I'm thankful for Bill. He really is the other half of me that makes me whole. Everything is better with him. He's everything I want and need.
And a bonus one to the list. It's really the compilation of this whole list. I'm thankful for my life. All those in it and the little things are what make it good.
No comments:
Post a Comment