Saturday, April 04, 2009

Birch Bay Road Race 15K

Up bright and early once again, and headed off north. Got there with plenty of time to spare and picked up race stuff. Little cool, but the sun was out so I opted out of short sleeve tech shirt and long sleeve hoodie and just went with the long sleeve tech shirt and gloves and beanie. It was a beautiful day-sun was out, mostly blue skies, not too cold. Nice flat course for the most part, winding along Birch Bay Road and then into the Birch Bay State Park, turned around and went a short ways back past start/finish and then another turn around to the finish.

Downhill at the start(you know what that means for later-what goes down, must come back up)




Trucking along at about the 10K mark-that brief moment of realization that if it was just a 10K, I'd be done by now...lol.




Race directors must be sadists-why is the finish line at the top of a hill??
Another race down:) Little sore, not sure if it's because the Whidbey 1/2 was last week, or I need new shoes(325 miles on my current one), so erring on the side of caution, got a new pair of running shoes-hope I like them.

1 comment:

The CRAZY Runner said...

congrats on another completed race!

I see you have a 5mile race next week!! 3 races in 3 weeks! wow!

be careful not to over do it!