Monday, October 15, 2012

Bad Idea Pants

I have what I refer to as 'Bad Idea Pants'.  Ask anyone and they'll tell you, I get crazy ideas-and then try to convince my friends to do them with me.  I say crazy ideas in the sense of the bulk of the people I know(non-running friends) think I'm a nutjob sometimes(I DO have the medal to prove I am a nutjob too!!).  Like the weekend I did the Semper Fi 5K on Sat morning, then the Warrior Dash on Sat afternoon, then the Marine Corps Historic Half on Sat.

Roxanne my sole sister(who was a frequent acceptor to my bad ideas) explained it this way...you know how in a group of friends, you usually have someone who is the voice of reason?  The person who interjects and says 'no, this isn't a good idea, we shouldn't do this'.  Well, we didn't have one of those back in Whidbey-and I haven't found one out here in Pax either(I occasionally get some dissent, but they usually come around...ask the ones who I got to do the Semper Fi 5K and the Warrior Dash). 

I am currently scheduled to do the Richmond Half Marathon on Nov 10 and the idea is now swirling in my head to do a double that weekend and head to Norfolk as soon as I'm done in Richmond for the Freedom Half Marathon on Veteran's Day.

Part of the reason that this makes me feel good is that I've been out of sorts with my running for quite some time.  It stemmed in part from getting burned out in the fall of 2009 after 3 marathons in 2 months.  From there, life just kept happening...the man retired from the Navy, we had to find him a job,, bought our first house, moved cross country(where it's hotter than the face of the sun in summer which REALLY jacked me up after 12 yrs of mild temps in the PAC NW), etc etc etc.

So for me to be wanting to do this is a GOOD sign, I think.  I heart my bad idea pants.

Oh and here's the proof that I'm a NutJob-

No comments: