Saturday, January 31, 2009

Terrible horrible, no good, very bad run.

Blahhhhhh. I try not to complain about my work schedule, because by most standards it's great-I work Mon-Fri, 8-5. I know most people would kill for that schedule, and I do like it. I just liked my old hours better...I worked 6-230. I ran after work. With the new year, came the new hours. I've had to adjust my running-worst of all is that Rochelle and I can't run together as much. She gets off at 3 and when I get off at 5, right now it's too dark to run, and especially when Bill is gone, I feel like I should head right home to Brice and get dinner going. So that means getting up and running early before work. It's still dark, but it has to be done. I've just been a lazy ass and not running as much as I should-and the colder weather and wind don't help matters. So because of that, I was a slug and only ran 1 day this week after work, and that was a measely little mile since it was crowded at the gym(stinking people and their New Year's Resolutions) and we couldn't get a treadmill. So when I went out for my run today, with the plan of 6 miles, I was sucking wind. I ended up only doing barely over 4. It took me almost 3/4 of a mile to get my breathing under control. And a minor rant, on the way home I was running into the wind. And my pace today was horrid. I'm not fast by any standard, but I'm happy with my 10:30ish pace most of the time, usually fairly consistant(my tracker up top shows 11+...that's an average from my first run till now). Today, I was closing in on 12!! ACK! I have got to get my butt in gear and get up early and run so I can stay on track.

No comments: